Saturday, May 14, 2011

We're at it again...

From the beginning I have wanted Easter Eggers because of the pretty blue/green eggs they lay.  They just seem so fun.  So, since we canceled our big order, I got onto Craig's List to see if anyone had any EE chicks near by.  I found a couple in Pueblo who had ordered more than they wanted, so we decided to get three for us and three for my parents.  We will be raising all six until they are ready to move outside.  We picked them up today, and they are stinking adorable.  Here are pictures from our journey.


We decided to use our downstairs bathtub as the brooder for this go around.  We'll see how it goes.

All ready for the drive to get the new baby chicks!

Inside this box, there is cuteness.

Six Chicks!

They are all so different.

Another adorable chick.

Close up!

They don't stand still for long.

It's hard to believe they are all the same breed.

This is the only image I've taken since we got home.  They all found the food and water  right away.   Then they cuddled up under the heat lamp to warm up from their journey.


I am sure there will be many more posts to come now that we have adorable baby chicks again.  They were hatched on Monday, so that makes these babies five days old with a birthday of 5/9/11.  I'm already excited to see the rainbow of eggs we'll get from these beautiful birds.  They seem to be comfortable in their new home, but I'm going to give them some time to relax before I torture them with a photo shoot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment